Co-Curricular > After School Activities
WELCOME TO SWIS ASA (After School Activity) PROGRAM
As an IB World School candidate, Shen Wai International School strives to educate students holistically in accordance with the IB Student Learner Profile. To expand students' creative experiences, and develop further academic skills, SWIS offers an After School Activity (ASA) Program that aims to develop balanced, open-minded and risk-takings students, who possess a strong sense of responsibility and respect towards themselves, others and the environment. The activities are designed to complement the school program with extracurricular activities that provide students with an opportunity to learn skills beyond the classroom.
PYP SEMESTER 1 ASA - REGISTRATION
Online registration opens on the 20th September at 12:00 pm.
Online registration finishes on the 23rd September 2019 at 12:00 pm.
Confirmation of Registration will be sent to parents on of before 1st October 2019
By signing up for an ASA at SWIS, you are confirming that you have read, and accept the terms and responsibilities explained in the ASA Essential Agreement. Please click here to read the Essential Agreement.
Please contact Allan Moore (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Amber Song (email@example.com) if you have any questions regarding the PYP ASA Program.
- Semester 1 PYP ASA starts on October 7th (Mon.) and finishes on December 13th 2019 (10 sessions)
- In semester 1 PYP ASAs are available for all students from Grade 1 – Grade 5.
- PYP ASAs start at 3:40pm and finish at 4:30pm. (unless otherwise stated in the course brochure.)
- All parents are responsible to pick up their child at the ASA classroom no later than 4.30pm.
- If a child is collected late twice within one semester, he/she may be removed from the course for the remainder of the semester.
- In Semester 1, Kindergarten to Grade 5 Students may sign up for:
- Maximum 2 standard/unpaid ASA classes (this includes Legacy activities such as Music ensembles, and sports teams) and
- 1 paid activity.
- If you submit more than the allowed number of ASA registrations – the ASA coordinator has the right to select any of the registrations.
- Registration for ASAs can ONLY be done via the ASA Online Registration Forms on the SWIS website. No modification can be done once the online registration is made.
- Classes are limited in number. Parents/Students sign up for activities on a first come – first serve basis.
- Please select Grade 1 and Grade 2 Registration form or the Grade 3 – 5 Registration in accordance with the grade they are currently enrolled in.
- After reviewing the course brochure, please select the day the chosen activity falls on.
- Please complete the form as required – all information including the students name must be in English.
- Registrations will be received by the ASA coordinator – confirmation of places within the ASA will be emailed to you on or before 1st October, 2019.