Explore SWIS > School News
On September 6th, SWIS will welcome the renowned International Chess Master Ms. Hou Yi Fan to our Secondary School Assembly. Ms. Hou has won multiple international Chess championships and achieved numerous awards and titles. At the age of 25, Ms. Hou is already widely considered one of the best female chess players in the world.
Ms. Hou will share with students a motivational speech, as well as her journey to become an international chess champion.
We sincerely invite members of our community to join us this Friday for a rare opportunity to interact with this world champion.
Date: Friday, September 6th
Location: SWIS theater
Ms. Hou Yi Fan's awards and honors include:
- 2004 "Li Cheng Zhi Cup" National Champion
- Achieved Woman Grandmaster in January 2007, under the age of 13
- Finalist (2nd Place) in Women's World Chess Championship in 2008 and achieved FIDE International Masters title
- Winner of Women's World Chess Championship 2010, making her the youngest women's world champion in history
- Winner of Women's World Chess Championship 2011. Youngest player to win 2 consecutive championships.
- The first woman to defeat Judit Polgar in 20 years (2012 Gibraltar Chess Festival)
- Winner of Women's World Chess Championship 2013（2nd time）
- Obtained her 4th Championship in World Chess Championship in 2016
- Winner of "Rhodes Scholarship" in 2017